I fell in love with Ninitha's Lemon Syrupy Cake and baked it way too many times. So I decided to make a variation of this cake by replacing lemon with orange and adding cocoa. And my oh my! What a dream this cake turned out to be. If you too like the combination of bitter with sweet, then I recommend you to try it.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree celsius.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together into a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the granulated sugar and butter together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, orange zest and vanilla essence to this and mix well.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet mix and incorporate well with a beater.
- Now add the milk.
- Grease the cake tin well with butter and pour the cake mix into the tin. Bake the cake at 160 degree celsius for about 30 minutes. Check if a cake tester comes out clean.
- Once cooled, remove the cake from tin and garnish with orange. Tastes divine with a little fresh cream on the side :)